LEEDS STREET BUILDING
DTCE embraced the opportunity to complete the seismic design and monitor the construction of the retrofit of the commercial brick building known as Hannah Warehouse. Originally built in 1904 as a warehouse for one of New Zealand’s most successful shoe companies, R. Hannah & Co., today the building has been converted into residential New York-style apartments. It’s also home to several businesses. Our Director Marlo Bromley was the lead design engineer, and carried out construction monitoring, working closely with the main contractor and Goodson Architects to ensure the retrofit met a minimum of 50% New Building Standard (NBS).
Our design team modelled the building in ETABS computer system to determine the distribution of forces between existing and new seismic resisting elements.